Manifest Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

In Progress...

Volume One Cover - In Progress
So, hey... I've started working on a new (non-Piggy themed) comic.

I have been stuck with this sequence:

"An aging salesman calls a meeting with the Production and Development group of the cosmetics he shills.  There have been reports from his customers that they have seen shocking side effects (which are presented as photos in a Powerpoint presentation). During the meeting, one of the lab techs starts to get agitated and eventually jumps up and starts shouting his twisted manifesto. The lab tech races out of the room and dives into a tank of the latest batch of his evil concoction - and is transformed into...

Afterwards, the CEO or Chairman of the Board or something pulls aside the aging salesman and hands him a shipping manifest that he is to use to track down all of the tainted product before more mutations occur."



This is the basic outline of Volume One that is now in progress.  I thought it would be cool to present the process publicly and I have begun to do so on Facebook and Google Plus (much probably to the annoyance of my friends and family).  To take it a step further, I'll also post progress here - where ultimately the finished form will reside.

For the record, I'm a hack amateur with a regular day job no allusions of grandeur.  This will not be the greatest comic ever. It will be done in fleeting free moments when I'm not working on actual work work or This Little Piggy... or (gasp) spending time with my gorgeous (and endlessly patient) wife and three (sometimes aggravating but mostly wonderful) sons.  But I'll do my best to present thoughtful dialogue, frame things in a cool way and render things to the best of my ability.

And don't hesitate to tell me when I screw up, continuity is off, the story doesn't quite jibe or something just sucks.  I'm also open to your good ideas and will gladly steal the best ones.

Watch here for  character developments, early sketches, page layout frames and any other progress as we go.  I may put out early drafts of dialogue and revisions, story arcs and loose ideas.  Again feel free to criticize and provide advice or input.

I'll shut up now.  I just hope someone digs this.

No comments:

Post a Comment