Manifest Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Finally... The Meeting Begins

OK. I'll admit it - this is taking FOREVER.  Between a rather critical time at the day job, a weekly web comic and trying to be something of a Dad to my sons MANIFEST has been low on ye olde priority list.  At the pace I'm moving, Volume 1 will be complete sometime around the time my oldest son is starting to think twice about leaving me alone with his kids for fear I will forget to shut off the stove or something.  So, I've decided to get this motherfather moving in high gear I'll change tactics.  I've found that once I get sketches done, I'm motivated to finish up a page so I can start inking the next.  

Over the next week or so, I'm going to put together rough sketches of several pages at once.  Previously I've been nearly completing a page before getting the next one started.  Once we all start getting a feel for where this thing is headed, there will be momentum... 

So you know I'm not completely full of shit I've done the sketch for page 4.  See?  It's right there.  I'm not kidding.  This thing will happen.
Page 4 Sketch
Now's about the time I start gushing about how awesome this whole thing will be and if you stick with me you will have many opportunities to tell me I suck and ruin my confidence and make this whole project fall apart and won't that be fun and all that.  But instead of that, I'll just say: "Stay tuned, true believers."  Because Stan Lee's voice is always there in the back of my head telling me even if I suck I can do something great.  Then he tells me to get off his God damned lawn or he'll call the cops.

No comments:

Post a Comment